ABOUT THIS POLICY
Market Savvy Pty Ltd ACN 123 601 650 (Market Savvy, we, us, our) values your privacy and takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
We will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy, and legislation including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. In this Policy, 'personal information' means any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not. It does not include information that is de-identified.
We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this webpage. You should check this page regularly to note any changes we may have made to the Policy. Your continued use of our website located at https://www.marketsavvy.com.au/ (Website) after the effective date of the change confirms your agreement to the updated Policy.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us, and may include:
- contact information (such as your name, residential address, postal address, email address and phone number);
- basic demographic details (such as age, sex and industry);
- details about the company (such as the name of the organisation you work for, your professional title, number of staff, website URL and membership organisation);
- client-specific information (such as current marketing and business challenges, business goals, annual turnover and marketing history); and
- your interests and preferences.
DEALING WITH US ANONYMOUSLY OR USING A PSEUDONYM
Where possible and lawful, you may interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact us with a general question you may use a pseudonym unless we need your name to adequately handle your question.
However, for many of our functions and activities we usually need your name, contact information and other details to enable us to provide our services or products to you.
WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information from you directly when you interact with us in person, via telephone, through electronic correspondence and your interaction with our Website.
Where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information directly from you, we may collect the information through third parties with whom we interact in order to provide our services and publicly available sources, including social media.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE
When you visit our Website, we may use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies that help us track your usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. We use several types of cookies:
- session cookies are temporary cookie files that expire when you close your web browser;
- persistent cookies are cookie files that remain until you erase them or they expire;
- first-party cookies set by Market Savvy; and
- third-party cookies are cookies set by a third-party website.
Cookies make using our Website easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. In general, we use the following types of cookies:
- essential cookies, which are essential to provide you with services you have requested. If you set your browser to block these cookies, these functions and services will not work for you;
- performance cookies, which measure how often you visit our Website or social media and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our Website, and to improve our Website, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users;
- security related cookies, which keep our services and your data safe and secure, such as by helping us detect fraud and guarding your data, which is an essential aspect of our services; and
- marketing cookies, which are used to collect information about your visit to our Website, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your web browser, device and IP address.
Your browser or device will typically offer settings regarding the use and scope of cookies, as well as cookies currently stored. Please see your browser’s or device’s reference information to learn how to adjust your settings. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Please be aware that some services we offer will not work if you block or delete cookies.
Whilst we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, search engine referrals and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
Our web pages may contain electronic images, known as web beacons. These electronic images enable us to count users who have visited certain pages on our Website. Web beacons are not used by us to access your personal information, they are simply a tool we use to analyse which web pages are viewed, in an aggregate number.
PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Market Savvy collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to the extent that is reasonably necessary to carry out our primary business purpose as an organisation that provides marketing services and advice, including:
- to manage and conduct our business;
- to offer or promote our products and services;
- to obtain feedback;
- to help us manage, develop and enhance our services, including our Websites; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements and rights with third parties.
We may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in or to contact you about special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys. We may, with your consent, use the personal information we have collected about you to contact you from time to time by email to tell you about new products or services and special offers that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings from us at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list using the 'update your subscription preferences' or 'opt-out' function embedded in the email.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the course of providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties in order to provide our services, for example other organisations which collaborate with Market Savvy to deliver products or services from time to time;
- organisations we contract to provide services on our behalf such as software suppliers and mail houses;
- anyone to whom part of all of our assets or businesses are transferred or sold;
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors; and
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or other similar entities, where this is required by law.
Our Website is operated on servers located in various jurisdictions, including the United States. When you access or use the Website and/or our services, and upload information through the Website, personal information about you may be transferred outside the country in which you are situated to these other locations.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
Security of personal information is extremely important to us. We store your personal information in hard copy and electronically. We have implemented reasonable and appropriate steps (including technical, administrative and physical security measures) to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, for our record keeping purposes (which usually require us to securely retain information for 7 years after we first collect it, or as otherwise required by law. If we no longer need to hold your personal information for any reason or we are no longer required by law to keep it, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy that information. These steps may vary depending on the nature of the information, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We will endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from you is up to date, accurate and complete.
You may request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting Market Savvy on the details below.
We will need to verify your identity before responding to your request. Subject to any applicable exceptions or requirements, we will provide you with access to the personal information you request within a reasonable time and usually within 30 days. If we decide to refuse your request, we will tell you why in writing and how to complain. We won’t charge you for simply making a request to access or correct personal information. However, we may charge reasonable costs for carrying out your request.
COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS
We take your privacy concerns seriously. You can make a complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer using the details set out above. All reasonable efforts to address a complaint and achieve an effective resolution will be made within 30 working days or as soon as practicable.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) via the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, wish to make a complaint or exercise your privacy rights, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below:
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: GPO Box 1333 Brisbane Q 4001
Last updated: 29 November 2023